Tuesday, February 12, 2008

What up Biatch?


When I first met these kids they seemed to be clueless about New York. The first one that I met was Karraskilla, coming out of Le Souk. This was at a time when Guliani had every single good venue closed in the city (Twilo, the Tunnel, Centro Fly). Those who were interested in good music were limited to a few good bars and what ever you could download. So people turned to Brooklyn: huge empty warehouses tons of young people. Every once in a while I would run in to Karraskilla around there. Years later, I met him again at Minimoo with Pito, and Switch. To this day, he doesn't recall ever running into me before (huge lie). But, this time they introduced themselves as Biatch Corp. I told myself "These guys want to do what everyone is doing" and yes it’s true but the perseverance and enthusiasm they put into it is unmatched. They elbow their way from the crowd to a spot of resonance among the techno crowd. Bringing such DJ's Like Stephan Bodzin, Dazo, Jussie Pekka, and now they will be spinning with Swayzak at Studio B (Feb 23) and bringing to Bar 13 Danton Eeprom (Fondation, Infine). You better be careful because these three don't take no for an answer and as long they don't get too fucked up at the party, they will be bringing good tunes and better vibes.

2 comments:

Karraskilla said...

what!!!, I don't remember you jajaja, hey sabroso my problem is a suffer juvenile Alzheimer, but I am cured, we are.

Un abrazo gigante, like it.

Pito said...

cheverengue