Monday, February 11, 2008

In the Beggining...

I always thought that blogs were for chronic masturbators living in basements. Which might be true to some extent given that I am single and living in a basement. I also thought that the journalistic value was minimal. But when the most trusted news show is presented on Comedy Central, I started to reevaluate the whole idea of the blog. Plus, Media is my current major, so what better way to practice then to have my own blog? There has to be people in this world interested in what I have to say… right? But do keep in mind I am limited by my lack of experience in writing (keep an eye for those run on sentences, and redaction mistakes). It might not even make sense. But, who cares lets see how you like it, if I have the discipline to keep it going, and if people read it. To begin this is mainly a written, edited, and photograph by me, so it will be about the stuff I like. It is highly hypocritical “yes I wear vertically integrated manufactured t-shirt with sweat shop produced dunks”. This is not a call to change the world (you can’t). It’s more about Thriving and Surviving. Sure it’s not intended for everyone e.g. your parents’ pay for your NYU dorm/Williamsburg Loft/ Long Island Commute. Its more for the disillusioned Actor/Painter/Photographer/Musician waking up to the reality of working as a Waiter/Bar Tender/Dog Walker/ and eating rammen cup of noodles or creative pasta sauce with what ever you have left in your fridge (you can never go wrong with ketchup). So here goes nothing….

3 comments:

binamov said...

yes.we.can

binamov said...

anywho man

congrats on starting a blog

gazette is spelt with 1 z and 2 t's :)

let's get you a proper domain name and a proper blogging engine

let me know if you need help setting this all up

Unknown said...

gotta love it¡¡¡ congrats...I like the fish head