Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Rude Awakening

I was reading an interview to André Saraiva, the French graffiti artist and mentioned that he wouldn't let any man wearing square tip shoes into a club. It was a sad epiphany for me. I ran home to see my dress shoes and 4 out of 5 had square tip. Oh my god what have I done. I fell sleep for the past 8 years in formal shoe wear. I had the most guido collection of dress shoes. In my defense I rarely wear dress shoes because they are not the most comfortable when it comes to walking, and living in New York thats all you do. I do have a descent up to date collection of casual shoes and sneakers. I turned to the most mainstream sources of mens fashion like GQ to confirm my fears. I am years behind in shoes. I am currently working to fix it here are some suggestions. Back to simpler classic shapes. If you want to be daring wear boots and long tips.

1 comment: